Wednesday, September 10, 2008

first attempt at meatloaf...

BBQ Turkey Loaf
(tweaked from allergygrocer.com)

1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
1/3 cup italian bread crumbs
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1/3 cup BBQ sauce (I used thick brown sugar- mixed in with other ingredients)
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 eggs, lightly beaten
dash of poultry seasoning

1/3 cup of BBQ sauce (for topping)

Combine all ingredients, form loaf in a pan or place in loaf pan. Pour remaining BBQ sauce on top to glaze the top. Cook for 50-55 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven.

**I had too much of the meat mixture for one baking dish, so I improvised by putting the remainder in cupcake tins. This would have worked if I had taken them out a bit sooner- the edges burned. But! Still great...I also would in the future use a different, leaner ground turkey. Lots of excess fat, but really moist! And great tasting for my first attempt at meatloaf.

:]

No comments: